Director – Preclinical and Clinical Development
Feldan Therapeutics is a preclinical biotechnology company located in Quebec City, Canada, developing leading-edge treatments based on a unique intracellular delivery technology; the Feldan Shuttle. Through its safety, ease of use and broad applicability, the Feldan Shuttle gives access to a wide range of intracellular targets and therefore has the potential to bring a whole new class of therapies to the clinic.
Role and Tasks
The Preclinical and Clinical Development Director’s role is to provide preclinical and clinical development strategies and deliverables for all assets within the company.
- Provide scientific guidance on strategic and operating decisions, setting strategy, and performance goals;
- Help manage staff and set timelines, including scientific and regulatory training;
- Set up protocols for and personally handle regulatory documents and inspections;
- Advising group leaders on their projects, providing mentorship and career development.
Experience, qualifications and competencies supported by the candidate’s track record of achievements:
- Distinguished research record in drug discovery and development garnered from 10+ years in pharmaceutical industry;
- Technological savvy, ideally including a track record of invention;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (understanding French is an asset);
- Commitment to and demonstrated track record of open science and collaboration;
- Contributed to successful transitions of drug candidates into clinical development resulting in favorable clinical outcomes;
- Good knowledge of toxicology and pharmacology requirements;
- Experience as a successful leader of preclinical development in drug discovery and development;
- Expert understanding of regulatory requirements in drug discovery and development;
- Experience in establishing and managing effective interactions with CRO and other external partners;
- High standard of integrity, ability to think strategically and to be comfortable and effective communicating and problem solving within a team structure;
- Ability to develop strategic options for portfolio management and lead senior management team discussions;
- Comfortable in a small company environment that is fast paced, challenging and where all leaders must take a hands-on approach to get things done;
- Excited and driven by science and the vision to improve disease management and patient care.
- PhD, MD or equivalent;
- Open to travel on a regular basis. Must be on site in Quebec City at least once a week.
Please send your application documents to Isabelle Deschênes: email@example.com